Learn the fundamentals while having fun at our “Littles” Camp for K – 4th grades in Dallas, Texas!
We’re excited to provide this 5 day youth camp in Dallas, Texas that focuses on giving your little baller the essential drills and instruction to build a foundation on how to play the game of basketball.
Learn the necessary warm up, dribbling, passing, footwork, finishing moves & foundational shooting drills all while having FUN.
Ball is not life. We’ll also talk to the kids about gratitude, attitude, kindness, success, etc.
What will players get out of the camp?
- You will learn dynamic stretching that will improve coordination, core strength and flexibility while working on sports-specific movements.
- Improve your ball handling skills with Maravich Drills
- Partner Passing drills to learn the proper chest pass, bounce pass, flick air pass, etc.
- Learn the proper shooting mechanics, release to finish while shooting close to the rim
- Have fun while playing monkey in the middle, dribble tag, sharks & minnows, etc.
You will learn and improve your dribbling, passing, shooting form, lay-up form, and agility to take your game to the next level.
- Be able to control and have a better feel for the basketball. Dribble with eyes up to have great court vision
- Stationary ball handling routine that improve rhythm, feel, and coordination with the basketball
- The ability to change speeds and directions to create separation and advantages
- How to position your feet and align your body to increase the chance of shooting the ball straight
- A form shooting routine that almost every great shooter has utilized that can be done at home
- Proper footwork and how to develop a quick release
- Proper shooting hand and off-hand placement
Lay Ups / Finishing
- Finishing techniques used to reduce turnovers and make more shots
- 1 on 1 finishing drills that ingrain good habits while competing in a fun way
- The ability to throw passes on target and on time
- Using pass fakes to not telegraph your passes
- Catch in triple threat position for an aggressive mindset
- How to use your feet to gain a better position to score from almost anywhere on the floor
- Understand the importance of beating a defender with your feet and creating separation with the dribble
- Learning the footwork will lessen travels and help to create separation
- Learn proper defensive stance and footwork to keep the offensive player in front of you
Kids will also get a chance to play some fun games during these sessions. Monkey in the Middle, King of the Court, Musical Basketballs just to name a few.
Who Can Participate?
This 5-week camp is for Kindergarten through 4th grades, ages will be separated into two different sessions. See below while registering your son/daughter. Please note this camp is not for advanced 4th graders. Please refer to our Essentials and Elite Youth Scoring camps.
Coach Profile – Charlie Miller
K to 1st grade
2nd to 4th grade
The camp is for boys and girls from K to 4th grade.
1700 S Main St
Duncanville, TX 75137
Here’s What Attendees Have To Say:
“Watching my son’s confidence increase as he began shooting from pre-camp to post-camp was amazing to watch. He learned great skills to practice before moving into JV ball”
– Mark P., Lansing, MI
“Thank you for sparking the fire in my kids to not only be great players, but also great individuals and team players. Coach was amazing and we appreciate you finding coaches like him. I’ve never seen my son smile so much while doing basketball”
– Carrie H., San Angelo, TX
“My daughter was really nervous about this camp because she wasn’t sure if…she’d be as good as everyone else. She came home so tired every day but was so excited about what she learned. She’s excited to keep practicing. Thank you for an awesome experience.”
– Kim B., Knoxville, TN
“Amazing camp! Love the positivity and the drills were great. Coach gave them great talks about being good people, too! We will be back!”
– Kerri D., Lenexa, KS
Spots Are Limited
We’re committed to giving you the most personal attention, reps and opportunity for improvement during this camp.
For that reason, spots are very limited.
If you’re ready to take your offensive game to the next level, we encourage you to reserve your spot while they’re still available.
After You Register
Once you enter your initial registration information at the bottom of the page, you’ll be taken to the payment page to complete the sign up process.
Your spot will be immediately reserved once payment is made.
Then check your email in 10-15 minutes for a Welcome Message with all the information you need to set your child up for success at camp.
What’s Your “Why”?
Every player has their own unique motivations and goals for attending a Breakthrough camp, including:
- Getting more playing time
- Stepping into shots with confidence
- Making the “A” team
- Increasing your scoring average
- Higher FG and FT %
- Making teams pay for leaving you open
- Loving the game more than ever as you see yourself succeed.
What are YOUR biggest motivations?
When you come to camp focused on what you want to achieve, you put yourself in the best position to succeed.
No matter what your goals are, the Shooting and Offensive Skills Camp can help you achieve them.