1.1 Program Objectives:
At DFH/Metro S.A.F.E. Camp our objectives are to provide program participants with:
- a safe, clean, environment to spend their days
- a quality program which involves a balance of activities (i.e. Specialty camps, field trips) stressing fun and enjoyment
- an opportunity to acquire new and to improve existing skills/abilities
- a constructive outlet for energy and self-expression in order to grow and learn
- a chance to socialize and develop new friendships
1.2 Program Details:
DFH / Metro Safe Summer Program:
Ages: 5 to 14 year s of age
6:30 am. – 7:00 a.m. Early Drop-off
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. Supervised Drop-off
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Structured Program
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Supervised Pick-up
Number of Staff: 60 to 70
Staff to Child Ratio: 1:25 during specialty camps and on campus activities; 1:15 during field trips
Activities: Specialty camps on Mon/Tue/Thu – Field trips on Mondays & Fri, except in July during NCAA Live Events where they can vary.
All parents must complete online registration. Mandatory paperwork and payments must be provided once the registration application has been submitted and processed.
Fees: registration, tuition, late fees, T-shirt, and some parent-paid field trips.
- The DFH Metro Safe Camp provides a receipt for all financial transactions. The receipts provide reason for transaction, cost and our tax number.
- Parents are advised to keep this receipt for tax purposes. No other statements will be provided.
- Registration payment is due in full at the time of registration. All campers must be registered online.
- Tuition- payments are by session, or weekly.
- Payments can only be made in person with cash, check, credit card, money order/cashier’s check.
- Late Fees- any child that is not picked up by 6:05 p.m. will be charged $10.00 at 6:06 p.m. and $2.00 for each minute thereafter. This payment must be paid in full before the next drop-off date.
- Parents will receive a one-time grace card which will have a late fee.
- Parents who are late consecutively (3 times) will be charged $5.00 per minute after 6:06 p.m.
- There is a $10.00 late fee assessed for tuition payment made after the first day of camp.
- T-shirts – all campers are required to have a DFH/Metro SAFE t-shirt for all field trips. Campers are not allowed to attend camp on a field trip day without a DFH/Metro SAFE t-shirt.
- Free T-shirts for parents who attend the parent orientation meet (date will be announced).
- Field Trips – there are some field trips that parents will be required to pay a portion or all of the cost of the trip and this fee can be paid in cash. Field trips fees must be received by the posted deadline.
There are NO REFUNDS for any reason.
2.6 Discipline Policy:
- A. Zero Tolerance Policy – the DFH/ Metro Safe Summer Program has determined that some infractions are deemed so serious that these violations will result in immediate suspension and the child must be picked up within 2 hours of notification. These violations include fighting, stealing, foul language and any inappropriate action or behavior toward a staff person. Any infraction not listed or implied will be left to the discretion of the Program Director (Suspension time will be set by the Director)
- B. The following outlines a list of corrective actions which leaders are permitted to use when dealing with a participant displaying inappropriate behavior. The discipline measure must be fair and correspond with the severity of the misbehavior.
- First Incident – Verbal Warning: Child has explanation provided to them explaining what they did wrong and appropriate behavior expected.
- Second Incident – repeat first incident procedures and add 10 Minute Time Out: Leader removes a participant from the activity.
- Third Incident – repeat steps 1 & 2 and enforce the Removal of Privileges and Note/Call to Parents. Suspension is also a possibility depending on the severity of the infraction.
- C. Staff will keep a record of discipline incidents. *
- A. Should a child need to be spoken to 3 or more times in a day or behavior is deemed drastic in nature, a discipline form will be given to the parents to review, sign or a phone call to the parent will occur.
- B. Campers who threaten the safety of themselves or others will be suspended from the camp indefinitely.
- C. Parents or guardians that refuse to sign discipline forms will subject their child(ren) to immediate suspension.
- D. If a child is suspended twice the following will be applied:
- 1st suspension – 1 – 2 days
- 2nd suspension – 3 – 4 days
- 3rd infraction – immediate removal from program
All campers will have a specified lunch time. During this time campers will be provided a lunch.
When the camp is providing the meal it is up to the parent to provide a substitute meal if their child does not want the meal provided. A lunch menu is provided in advance to all parents and campers. If your child brings their own lunch in a
2.12 Procedure for Reporting Suspected Child / Sexual Abuse
Please refer to “Appendix C” Child Protection Information, for an explanation of your role in regards to reporting child or sexual abuse. It is important for you to understand the information presented.
- If child abuse or sexual abuse is suspected, report immediately to the Program Director.
- Be sure to document all details of suspicion on an Incident Form. Include: child and family name, address, nature of suspected abuse and any other pertinent details (i.e. child’s behavior, verbal conversations with child, etc.).
- The Program Director will investigate incident further and meet with staff. A phone call to CPS will occur at that time.
- All details of such a report are strictly confidential. Any breach of this confidence will result in staff disciplinary measures.
Be sure to document as much information as possible in the Incident/Behavior Report.
- I understand that in the event I don’t want my child to participate in a particular event or field trip it is my responsibility to make other arrangements for my child.
- I agree to ensure that my child(ren) report(s) to camp daily in compliance with DFH Dress Code.
- I understand that the DFH/ Metro SAFE is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or broken article that my child brings.
- I understand that it is the policy of the DFH / Metro SAFE that any student that leaves with the group must return with the group.
- I understand that if I transport my child on a field trip I must transport my child thereafter.
- I understand that it is not permissible for me to transport any child other than my own without the written consent of that child’s parents or guardians.
- I understand that my child will not be allowed to leave with another parent without my written consent turned in to the Director’s office in advance.
- I am aware that I am responsible for providing an alternate lunch in the event my child chooses not eat the lunch provided.
- I am aware that if my child is not picked up by 6:06 p.m. I will be charged an initial fee of $10.00 and $2.00 for every minute after that. This payment must be paid in full before the next drop-off date. Parents who are late consecutively (3 times) will be charged $5.00 for every minute after 6:06pm.
- I understand myself or any other authorized pick-up or drop off person that does not follow the guidelines set-forth by the DFH / Metro SAFE for pick-up will be subject to immediate dismissal from the program.
- I am aware that any fees that I am responsible for must be paid before my child is allowed to continue in the DFH.
- I am aware that in the event my child becomes ill and needs to be picked up while attending the DFH it is my responsibility to make sure my child is picked up no later than TWO hours after receiving the call informing me of the above situation.
- I am aware that if my child is not picked up within that two hour window that the late fee policy will be enforced and fees will be charged accordingly.
- I give my consent for my child to be included in any photographs or video that pertains to the DFH or any organization that is affiliated with the DFH / Metro Safe Agenda.
- I am aware that it is the policy of DFH to not issue refunds.
- I understand that DFH does not provide end of year tax forms.
- I agree that it is my responsibility to keep all receipts provided to me by the DFH for my tax records.
- I accept responsibility for my child’s behavior and anyone present at the camp on my child’s behalf. This could include but not be limited to accepting cost for any damages caused or expulsion for any inappropriate behavior.
- I understand that complaints must be put in writing before meetings for discussion can be held.
- I agree to observe and comply with all DFH/ Metro SAFE Policies and Procedures. I understand that I agree to observe and comply with all DFH/ Metro Safe Policies and Procedures. I understand that failure or refusal to comply with any DFH / Metro SAFE policy will result in the immediate withdrawal of my child from the DFH Summer Program.
- I agree that any policy or procedure not written or implied is left to the discretion of the Director.